There are a few scenarios in which you might find yourself with a need to manually add applicants to your job posting.
- You have a brand new account and already have some resumes that have been emailed or mailed to you.
- You are using another Applicant Tracking System and want to migrate your existing applicant resumes into your account.
- You have a few resumes from applicants who decided to contact you directly by email.
- An applicant happened to be in the neighborhood and decided to drop off a resume to you in person.
Adding Applicants Via the Resume Import Tool
The Resume Import tool is a feature that is available only to subscribers at select Plan levels and users at the Manager permission level or above. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to use the Resume Import Tool to drag and drop resumes into a job posting.
Adding Applicants Manually to Your Job Posting
Note: If you have gotten a "resume load error" message on any of the resumes you tried to import via the Resume Import tool OR if you are not currently on a plan subscription level that includes the Resume Import tool, you can still add applicants manually to your account.
First, you have a decision to make. You can either have a confirmation email go out to the applicant or you can disable that confirmation email for the applicants you are adding manually. It's up to you but we'll tell you how to do both (kind of like those old choose-your-own-adventure books).
Option 1: You want to leave the confirmation email enabled so that once you enter a candidate's application manually, that candidate will get a confirmation email. Skip to step number 5 below.
Option 2: You want to disable the confirmation email while you are manually adding applications so candidates do not get a confirmation email, and then re-enable the confirmation email when you are done. Start with step number 4 below.
1. From your applicant tracking system (ATS) dashboard, go to the Menu Icon on the upper right of your screen and select Account Details from the Main Menu.
2. Scroll down to the Customize & Design section and click on the Notifications button.
3. Make sure the toggle switch on Enable Confirmation Emails is set to OFF; click on the toggle switch to change it from ON to OFF. Then click on Save Changes.
Now you are ready to start entering your applicants manually.
4. Go to your unique job posting page via one of the two options listed below.
a) Type in your unique URL into your browser OR...
b) Log in to your account, click on the job posting title and then click on the unique URL of the job posting located directly underneath the job title.
5. Click on the Apply for this Position button.
6. Fill in the application web form with the applicant's information and then click on Choose File to upload the applicant's resume and cover letter from the location you have saved them on your computer.
7. Fill in as much of the additional fields on the web form as you can and then click on Apply Now. Repeat this process for all of the applicants that you want to manually enter for this job.
If you decided you wanted Option 2 above where you disabled the confirmation email while you were manually entering applicants, you'll now need to re-enable that confirmation email so all new applicants who apply online get that confirmation email.
To re-enable the confirmation email:
1. From your account dashboard, click on Account Details from the drop down menu next to Your Account at the top right side of the page.
2. Scroll down to the Customize & Design section and click the Notifications button.
3. Make sure the toggle switch is set to ON on the Enable Confirmation Emails section; click on the toggle switch to change it from OFF to ON.
It's that easy. If you find that you need additional help with this process, create a new support ticket and we'll be happy to assist.
Additional Bulk Import Options
To help you get started, we offer a one-time free data import service to all paying customers. Click here for more information and to get started.